Monday 2 July 2018

Time to contemplate

After a self reflective day yesterday filled with meditation pottering and odd jobs, I was excited to take the train to Mallaig this morning.

The journey was spectacular and Mallaig itself is interesting for a couple of hours visit.
We crossed the viaduct that was apparently used in the HarryPotter films and travelled along several lochs whose names I have forgotten.
On my return I was pleased to see that I have new neighbours. TS Royalist is the trainingship for Sea Cadets and Maybe which was built in 1929 has sailed round the world several times and was once owned by the man who designed the Flying Dutchman racing dinghy










I am excited to say that my new crew mate Tonny is currently on a train from Glasgow so I look forward to leaving Banavie tomorrow morning bright and early.
I think my new friend the lock keeper will be glad to see the back of me as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment