Friday 27 July 2018

All done and dusted

Well here we are in Aberystwyth, the final destination of this year’s trip.
We had a great sail today from Pwhelli in light winds and warm sunshine.
We saw dolphins who came close to the boat but who sadly were uncooperative when it came to photos
.Arrival at Aberystwyth was very straightforward and my wife Jane says that  she really likes the facilities here.... they are all bilingual !
Anyway this is the moment to thank all three of you who have followed this blog. I have had a truly great time and enjoyed every minute of the trip and I hope you have enjoyed reading my banal missives en route.
Thanks to all those people who helped me to reach Aberystwyth in one piece and to those whom we have met en route ... it has all been a hugely memorable experience for me.
I look forward to completing the trip back to Faversham, next Summer... after I have repaired a few leaks and given Calismarde a bit of a tidy up!
Thanks again
Geoff 





1 comment:

  1. Well done on reaching Wales and for your half circumnavigation of UK, Geoff. I have enjoyed following Calismarde's progress, learning à little of your varied ports of call and look forward to following the next leg in 2019!
    David

    ReplyDelete