Wednesday 11 May 2016

Down the creek without a leak

It works! I can tell you the depth without using a long stick to poke in the mud and there is only a small leak. We cast off....engine thumping happily but proceed in the wrong direction....'shouldn't you be going the other way? ' Shouts Jane who is walking past the boat yard with Ruth and the dog. 'Shut up' is the only expletive that I can think of at the time. Eventually the quarter mounted propeller enables me to turn and go the right way with my willing but somewhat hungover crew enjoying the sunshine. Drink anyone?.. 4 beers ...and a GLASS of MILK!! ...now that's a first.
After a brisk sail we pick up the mooring and enjoy a picnic with Jane and Ruth on the sea wall














- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment